STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. — Fun fact: In 1856, Thomas Burberry established Burberry in Basingstoke at just 21 years old, on the principle that clothing should protect Brits from British weather. To that end, in 1888, Burberry patented gabardine – the breathable, weatherproof and hardwearing fabric revolutionizing rainwear – which up until then had typically been heavy and uncomfortable to wear.
Today, the Burberry brand has become synonymous with luxury and function, a classic design with a nod to quality, beauty, and function. For those who love this timeless brand, please know many Burberry brands are in stock at Nordstrom.com. As always, Burberry is on the expensive side, but luxury splurges always are. Check out some of my picks for Burberry for men, below. Happy shopping!
1. Burberry Somerton Plaid Button-Up Shirt — Retailing for $490, this beautiful shirt is patterned in bold plaid that references the house-check colors while creating a new form of recognizable branding. 30″ length; 42″ chest (size Medium). Front button closure. Spread collar. Button cuffs. Chest patch pocket. 95% cotton, 5% elastane. Machine wash, tumble dry. TO BUY CLICK HERE.
2. Burberry Hawkhurst TB Button Wool and Cashmere Coat— Retailing for $1990, this monogrammed buffalo-horn buttons pay homage to founder Thomas Burberry on this single-breasted coat tailored from an Italian wool-and-cashmere blend. Popping the collar reveals heritage check. 43 1/2″ length (size 52). Front button closure. Notched lapels. Four-button cuffs. Chest welt pocket; front flap pockets; interior button-welt pocket. Back vent. Cupro lining. 95% wool, 5% cashmere with 70% wool, 20% polyamide, 10% cashmere and leather trim. TO BUY CLICK HERE.
3. Burberry Giant Icon Check Cashmere Scarf — Retails for $470, this beautiful cashmere scarf is 31″ length; 42″ chest (size Medium). It features a front button closure. Point collar. Long sleeves with button cuffs. 97% cotton, 3% elastane. Machine wash, line dry. TO BUY CLICK HERE.
4. Sherwood Monogram Motif Slim Fit Stretch Poplin Button-Up Shirt – Retails for $440. Embroidered with Thomas Burberry’s monogram at the chest, this stretch-poplin button-up polishes your look while subtly paying homage to the house’s founder. Roll up the sleeves to show off the brand’s archival check. 31″ length; 42″ chest (size Medium). Front button closure. Point collar. Long sleeves with button cuffs. 97% cotton, 3% elastane. Machine wash, line dry. CLICK HERE TO BUY.
5. Burberry Check Fleece Jacket – RetailIng for $910, Burberry combines classic heritage with cozy comfort on this jacket made from plush high-pile fleece patterned in the house’s iconic check.Two-way front-zip closure. It features a stand collar, Chest zip-patch pocket; front zip pockets. Made 55% acrylic, 45% polyester. Dry clean. Made in Portugal. TO BUY CICK HERE.