Rise and shine, Monroe! Let’s get you started this Wednesday with everything you need to know going on today in Monroe.
First, today’s weather:
Clouds yielding to sun. High: 72 Low: 61.
Here are the top stories today in Monroe:
- Field hockey team raises money for Eannotti family and wins game (The Monroe Sun)
- Monroe Student Receives National Technology Scholarship (Monroe Patch)
- Stratford highway renamed for environmental ‘icon’ Terry Backer (CTPost)
- Disney On Ice Bridgeport tickets to go on sale this month (New Haven Register)
- Shelton Legion program helps welcome home military personnel (Shelton Herald)
- Danbury Hat Tricks Opening Weekend Promotions (HamletHub)
- Southbury Autumn Craft Festival on November 21 (HamletHub)
Today’s Monroe Daily is brought to you by our friends at GoodRx — the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for medications at local pharmacies, so you’re not overpaying. Works for pet medications too! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Monroe Farmers’ Market: “It may feel too early to plan for the holidays… but these last 2 weeks at the market are not too early to stock up on foods that will store for Thanksgiving!! 🍽 Corn 🌽 is a staple for many at Thanksgiving and it’s not too early to stoc…” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
Thanks for following along and staying informed. I’ll see you back in your inbox tomorrow morning with your next update! If you’re liking these newsletters, consider inviting some of your friends and neighbors to read along. You can send them this link to subscribe.
— Al Branch
About me: I am a veteran journalist and Connecticut native with more than 30 years of experience covering municipal governments, education, politics and a host of other topics. A few years ago, I realized how much I missed the world of hyperlocal journalism, and I was fortunate to be hired by Patch in 2013.
Have a news tip or suggestion for an upcoming Monroe Daily? I’m all ears. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.