Dow Jones Newswires is looking for a digitally proficient financial journalist to join our Singapore-based team of journalists who help fuel our real-time news and analysis service for financial professionals.
We are looking for a journalist with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in corporate and markets coverage.
The role will focus on China and Hong Kong, so a native level of proficiency in Chinese is ideal, and the ability to convey the news in an efficient and engaging manner to an English-language readership is essential.
You will also be called upon to report on other countries in Asia, so skills in other languages are desirable.
- A strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill market-moving news contained inside press releases.
- Proficiency in Chinese and English. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- The ability to convey the news in an efficient and engaging manner.
- Strong communication skills and an understanding of how to collaborate in a team environment.
- Identify the most important elements of major news releases, send headlines and quickly write stories and essential updates that will provide professional investors with the news and analysis they need in real time.
- Chase and break market-moving news and provide real-time coverage of stock markets in Asia with a close eye on big moves in individual stocks and the factors driving them.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter that describes how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements of the role. Please also submit five clips with explanations about what the stories show about your capabilities.
The Journal’s reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, go here.